Kayln Denniston - Vice Chair
Eileen Kulish - Chair
Dusty Kurtz - Past Chair
Erik Waldman, CVE
The committee assists the association by representing the interests of Allied membership constituents, acting in a liaison role with IAVM staff to facilitate exchange of ideas and enhance business opportunity, which, in turn, helps IAVM become more successful.
This is a management committee meaning it is constituted to meet regularly or on an “as needed” basis to provide input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- Committee Member appointments by the CEO
Vacancies should be filled no later than September 1 annually, to take office following VenueConnect.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat one another and members of the association with respect. Everyone can make a valuable contribution to IAVM. We may not always agree, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior or poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. We expect the members of IAVM to be respectful when dealing with other volunteers as well as with people from other projects and initiatives.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members that are tailored to the needs discussed.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
As a committee member you are representing an amazing group of IAVM allied members. We ask that you collaborate with IAVM staff and commit to the following:
- Being an IAVM Advocate:
- Learn the benefits of membership so you can share with and engage other allied members and prospective members
- Attend IAVM events and engage with other allied members
- Speak about IAVM at events outsides of IAVM (allied opportunities)
- Participate on other IAVM committees to engage with the membership
- Solicit participation from other allied members who have attended IAVM events but have never become involved in the organization to any greater degree.
- Make all allied members aware of membership, how to activate their membership and ROI opportunities.
- Be the voice for Allied Members
- Be it our committee, a section in the newsletter, education sessions or some other opportunity…Allied ideas are valid and meaningful and need to be encouraged for submission and represented by the committee members.
- Provide a sounding board to HQ staff on initiatives that will affect, if only tangentially, Allied members.
- Discuss possible candidates for the Joseph J. Anzivino Distinguished Allied Award and submit nominations to HQ no later than end of November annually.
- Committee members will identify unique opportunities to allied members, such as completing a survey or participating in education sessions, and then use our voice to make them aware of the opportunities.
- Meet during VenueConnect and at specified times with a prepared agenda. Attendance at the meeting during VenueConnect is strongly encouraged.
- Participate in meetings via audio conference calls (assisted by HQ) as requested by IAVM President/CEO and/or staff. 80% attendance is required at all meetings and conference calls. Attendance will be taken prior to each call/meeting and recorded.
- Each committee member will be evaluated annually by the chair and vice chair on completion of tasks, attendance, active participation, and commitment to the roles & responsibilities as discussed. Evaluations will be reviewed by the President/CEO in collaboration with the chair and vice chair to determine opportunity for term renewal(s).
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.