IAVM’s Job Shadowing Program gives professionals a chance to see how another venue operates and provides those breaking into the venue management industry the opportunity to experience facility management live. Connect with professionals across all industry sectors, including Allied Companies, by shadowing them while they perform daily operations. Shadow experiences will focus on the individual’s area of interest or may be a general overview of venue management.
- Recruit students as potential employees, volunteers, or interns
- Better prepare the future of our industry through practical learning experiences
- Build a solid relationship with universities to create a direct talent pipeline
- Create networking opportunities among existing professionals
- Experience different careers in the field of venue management
- Opportunities to secure internships
- Increased professional network
- Hands on learning experiences in the venue types / sectors of interest
What to Expect
*A job shadowing experience may be comprised of one or multiple visits to the venue:
Non-Event Day Experience:
Participants will be given a tour of the facility with special focus on areas that interest the individual within the venue industry. The guest and venue professional will choose an event after their initial visit that will coincide with an event, game, or concert. Parameters will be shared with the individual before the engagement date is secured.
Event Day Experience:
Participants will have an opportunity to see the venue staff in action as they prepare for and execute the event. Experiences may include attending pre-event meetings (pre-cons) with guest services, security, front or back-of-house, etc. The venue host and their guest may choose to continue the relationship on a formal or informal basis dependent upon the connection they forge.
* We will do our best to accomodate your request. This is a free benefit of your IAVM membership.
To learn more, email us at email@example.com.